How Commercial Warehousing Can Benefit Your Business
Are you considering commercial warehousing? If you run a business that requires you to store many goods, renting commercial warehousing space can benefit you. As a result, by using this business model, someone else takes on the responsibility of storing and transporting your products.
These are four of the most important ways that commercial warehousing will benefit your business:
- Inventory management
- Pick and pack services
- Enables you to focus on your core business
Whether you’re in the business of storing raw materials or finished products, Wills Transfer has the commercial warehousing options that will suit you.
One benefit of using commercial warehousing is that it often comes with inventory control or management services. Meaning the company supplying the commercial warehousing will provide you with inventory tracking.
There are several different types of inventory that commercial warehousing can provide inventory control or management for:
- Raw materials are used to create finished products, and they are generally not recognizable in the finished product (for example, an oil used to create makeup).
- Components. These are similar to raw materials in that they are used to create finished products, but are still recognizable when the product is finished (for example, the screws used in a toy to hold the batteries in place).
- Finished goods. These items are ready to be shipped to consumers directly and require no further work on them (for example, a video game console).
Another advantage of using commercial warehousing is that the owner should have insurance on their warehouse. This reduces your financial losses if your inventory is damaged or stolen.
You want to feel like your inventory is safe and secure. Commercial warehousing can offer a variety of different security features, including:
- Monitored 24 hours a day security systems.
- Restricted access, including all entry points monitored by video surveillance and fenced and gated yards.
- GPS tracking devices installed in transport trucks.
- Fire and water monitoring.
When you contact a commercial warehousing company, ask them about what kind of security features they offer.
Pick and Pack Services
Many warehousing companies will offer services beyond just storing your inventory. Services such as, pick, pack, prepare, and make ready outbound client shipments.
The exact pick and pack services a warehousing company will offer will vary. It may include breaking down cartons to select individual items and building new cartons to package them up. It can also include selecting the most cost and time-efficient courier.
In fact, selecting a company that offers pick and pack services will save you time and money. You can simply send your inventory in bulk to a warehouse. Once there, the staff will then handle the pick and pack and distribution for you!
Enables You to Focus on Your Core Business
You’ve got many things to consider when you run your own business. By outsourcing your warehousing needs to us, you can focus your time and energy on making your business run smoothly!
Several commercial businesses also offer fulfillment services. When you take advantage of these services, you can remove many tasks off your plate, including:
- Packing and preparing client shipments.
- Tagging your assets for inventory control purposes.
- Having to stretch-wrap your inventory to protect it adequately.
- Putting the time and effort into tracking your shipments.
A commercial warehousing business that offers these services can do everything from increasing your global reach to reducing overhead costs.
Why should I select Wills Transfer if I need commercial warehousing?
At Wills Transfer, we bring over 75 years of experience to the table! With security cleared personnel (Levels 1 and 2), along with fenced and gated yards to protect your inventory.
In addition, we take health and safety very seriously when it comes to commercial warehousing. We have extensive procedures and dedicated on-site health and safety teams. What is more, our spacious warehouses are set up to keep your inventory at the right temperature & humidity level.
We also offer services beyond just commercial warehousing. We provide all of the following as well:
- Distribution, including a warehouse management system, container de-stuffing, and vendor-managed inventory.
- Fulfillment, which includes pick and pack services, asset tagging, kitting services, integration & technical services, and stretch-wrapping services.
- Logistics, which include shunting services (moving designated trailers to the appropriate location) and third-party logistics.
Additionally, we have four convenient locations in Ontario to choose from. Smiths Falls, Ottawa, Brockville, Perth, and Cornwall (as of 2023).
Contact us to Learn More About Commercial Warehousing
At Wills Transfer, we are pleased to offer you top-quality commercial warehousing and a variety of additional services, including distribution, fulfillment, and logistics services. Take advantage of our experience, and leave your focus on where it belongs: helping your business thrive.
Whether you’d like to learn more about our options, or our other services, we’d love to hear from you. You can call us at 613-704-7549 or contact us online.