Debunking Common Warehousing and Distribution Myths
Are you considering using warehousing and distribution services, but wondering if some of the myths you’ve heard about them are true? If so, then we’re here to help. In this article, we’ll be debunking some of the most common warehousing and distribution myths, and the benefits of using warehousing and distribution services.
These are some of the most common myths associated with warehousing and distribution services:
- Myth 1: Outsourcing warehousing and distribution services isn’t worth the money.
- Myth 2: Outsourcing warehousing and distribution services means I’ll lose control over them.
- Myth 3: Outsourcing warehousing and distribution services means my customer service quality may suffer.
- Myth 4: There aren’t any benefits to outsourcing warehousing and distribution services.
Let’s dive into these myths!
Myth 1: Outsourcing Warehousing and Distribution Services Isn’t Worth the Money
You may have heard this myth many times. While it may seem costly to outsource your warehousing and distribution services at the outset, they will pay for themselves over the long run.
There are several ways that outsourcing your warehousing and distribution services can help you save money:
- You don’t have to pay to train staff or maintain a warehouse.
- You don’t have to spend a lot of time on distribution services, thus letting you focus on revenue-generating activities.
- You can access discounts you wouldn’t have otherwise, such as a reduced shipping rate.
Myth 2: Outsourcing Warehousing and Distribution Services Means I’ll Lose Control Over Them
Another concern some business owners have (especially small business owners) is that they’ll lose control over their warehousing and distribution services if they outsource them. If you’ve built your business from the ground up, it may be very challenging to consider having anyone else have a piece of it.
However, you don’t lose control of your business at all by outsourcing your warehousing and distribution services. Third-party logistics services are precisely that: a service! They will provide you with the support you need to help your business grow while respecting your specific needs regarding warehousing and distribution.
Myth 3: Outsourcing Warehousing and Distribution Services Means My Customer Service Quality May Suffer
Another fear businesses have when considering outsourcing their warehousing and distribution services is that they won’t be able to continue providing high-quality customer service. However, as long as you choose the right company, this won’t be a problem.
When you outsource your warehousing and distribution services, the company you select can quickly upscale as needed. This means your customers aren’t left waiting for a big holiday or when you run a promotion! As well, third-party distribution companies have access to warehousing management services that can keep track of your inventory levels and let you know immediately if they’re running low.
Finally, if a customer doesn’t receive a package, you don’t have to spend time tracking it down—that will be the responsibility of your distribution company.
Myth 4: There Aren’t Any Benefits to Outsourcing Warehousing and Distribution Services
This myth definitely isn’t true! There are many benefits to outsourcing warehousing and distribution services, including the following:
- It can help you improve both efficiency and productivity by enabling you to focus on your core business.
- It can provide you with access to industry expertise (for example, how to optimize your product flow).
- It provides various value-added services, including kitting, repackaging, and returns processing.
- It allows you to quickly scale up and down your warehousing and distribution activities as necessary.
Why should I choose Wills Transfer for my warehousing and distribution services?
At Wills Transfer, we offer several different convenient warehousing locations to choose from, as well as all of the following distribution services
- Our Warehouse Management System can optimize your distribution channels in real-time, while our Vendor Managed Inventory service can be used to validate product inventory levels.
- Pick and pack services, including breaking down cartons, building new cartons, and storing your products using their serial numbers.
- Order fulfillment services, including asset tagging, kitting, and stretch-wrapping services.
- Container de-stuffing, where we unload and sort your products following your specifications.
When you choose Wills Transfer, you’re hiring a company with over 75 years of experience that offers an end-to-end process for distribution services. Whether you simply need to store your goods for an extended period of time, or you need optimized distribution services, we’re here for you!
Don’t Let Myths Keep You From Hiring Warehousing and Distribution Services
We’ve now debunked some of the most common myths associated with outsourcing your warehousing and distribution services. You’ve learned that outsourcing these services doesn’t mean losing control over the distribution process or that your customer service will suffer.
You’ve also learned about all the great benefits that hiring warehousing and distribution services offers, such as helping you improve your efficiency and productivity, and giving you access to industry expertise.
At Wills Transfer, we offer top-quality warehousing and distribution services supporting companies that do business in Ontario, Quebec, and the U.S. Eastern Seaboard. We offer several convenient warehousing locations to choose from and various distribution services, including container de-stuffing, order fulfillment, and pick and pack services.
Contact Us to Learn More
No matter what size your business is, we can help you when it comes to warehousing and distribution services! To learn more about how to get started, call Wills Transfer at 613-704-7549 or contact us online