Unfortunately, Wills Transfer cannot provide Pick and Pack Services for produce or time sensitive foods as we are not a food grade certified. However, we can provide Pick and Pack Services for boxed or packaged items such as cookies, chocolates, mixed confectionaries, and nut products for example.
Pick and Pack Warehouse Services in Ontario
Wills Transfer is your top choice for comprehensive Pick and Pack Services in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Western Quebec, and the U.S. Eastern Seaboard.
At Wills Transfer, we have over 75 years in the logistics industry, and we understand Pick and Pack services through and through. We are dedicated to simplifying your processes, and this is why we offer comprehensive pick and pack services to companies. Our expert team will pick, pack, prepare, and ready outbound shipments for your domestic and international clients.
What is a Pick and Pack Service?
Pick and pack services are a crucial part of the global supply chain. Have you ever wondered how some companies have seamless distribution? Instead of doing this in-house, these businesses rely on specialized warehouses with pick and pack services. This distribution method responds to modern economic needs and can help companies streamline internal processes and increase profits.
Pick and Pack Services Explained
To understand pick and pack services, first, consider the issue it solves. Imagine a small- to medium-sized business attempting to start its supply chain. Usually, the company won’t have warehousing space to store large amounts of goods. If it cannot store those supplies, it loses a wholesale discount. On top of that, the business is responsible for packaging, inventory management, and delivery. Pick and pack services manage all aspects of the logistics process by providing central distribution.
How it Works
- Your company rents, leases, or purchases warehouse space. The facility sets aside cubic footage for products from your business.
- Products arrive in bulk quantities at the warehouse.
- Either an automation system or staff track the goods and place them in storage.
- Warehouse personnel ‘picks’ the goods and ‘packs’ them into smaller sets based on your customer’s order.
- Next, the warehouse ships the smaller ‘packs’ out while monitoring inventory flow.
Sidenote: Pick and pack services are available at various levels and times throughout the entire supply chain process.
Pick and Pack Examples
Your company can use pick and pack services on bulk products like pulp, and other raw materials. Your materials are then shipped to individual purchasers according to the orders. In this case, the pick and pack services are earlier in the supply chain since they are not handling a finished product.
Business to Consumer Commerce
Another example is a drill kit, where the battery, the drill, and the bits each have different storage needs. All three items ship to a warehouse, where they are stored in an ideal manner. Then the warehouse staff will pick out the batteries, drills, and bits when an order arrives, then batch and package the supplies.
Storage Options with Pick and Pack Services
There is no one-size-fits-all warehousing solution. So, it’s important to find a warehousing service that accommodates the needs of your product. Among the storage options are:
- Refrigerated storage: Some products risk spoiling if they get above a certain temperature. Consider food or medical supplies that become dangerous when warmed. A quality pick and pack service, like Wills Transfer, keeps’ the goods cool while still fulfilling orders. Using advanced security and automated refrigeration, the products remain in good condition for order fulfillment.
- Racking versus bulk: Some products are stackable blocks that fit precisely into a set cubic area. Other goods aren’t meant for ground storage and require racking. Equipped with thousands of racking positions, Wills Transfer simplifies the pick and pack process by making your goods easily accessible.
- Paper-specific storage: One of Canada’s largest industries is pulp and paper products. These goods have specialized requirements for clamp handling, storage, and shipping essential to business. The supply chain for paper products relies heavily on pick and pack warehouse fulfillment. Wills Transfer has an industry-leading clamp capacity to protect your pulp product threw the entire pick and pack process.
- Raw material storage: The pick and pack service Wills Transfer offers accommodates all types of raw materials. Essential to production, we hold onto the bulk quantities of your supplies, picking, packing, and shipping them as needed. This is one of the most valuable aspects of a third-party fulfillment service. Raw materials take space that your business can put to better use, and warehousing it separately is often logistically essential.
Benefits of Pick and Pack Services
Imagine sourcing, ordering, storing, repackaging, and shipping every order your business completes. Now imagine how logistically challenging this becomes as your business grows.
The stored product largely dictates the warehousing requirements, so it’s important to find a warehouse with versatile services. We provide turnkey storage and fulfillment for all sorts of items, so our warehouses can make your supply chain easier no matter what your business.
Retake control of your business’ supply chain through the use of our pick and pack services.
There are plenty of advantages, including:
- Having storage close to home with dedicated warehouses in key business areas. Our pick and pack services streamline shipping between Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Western Quebec, and the eastern United States. We provide efficient, reliable transport of goods between these key areas using existing infrastructure.
- Embrace sales potential by using a service designed to scale. Pick and pack services help you avoid the increasing costs of running a growing business. By outsourcing the transportation and storage of goods, you can avoid the cost of in-house inventory control. Our secure approach protects you from risk so you can conduct your business with peace of mind.
- Controlled goods management and the security we provide will make it easier to run your business. We can securely store and handle your supplies with PIP and Controlled Goods certifications and our Security Level B storage facility reduces logistical issues when handling your supplies.
- Better inventory tracking through access to advanced technology. We’re equipped with industry-leading inventory control systems. This protects your supplies, avoids spoilage, and prevents hiccups in the supply chain due to inventory errors.
- Increased efficiency through automation, leading to improved customer satisfaction. We handle the picking, packing, and shipping on your behalf, ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
Wills Transfer’s pick and pack services let you keep bulk sales without having to physically store and manage those bulk goods. We specialize in spatial optimization by making the very most of our combined 1,000,000-square-foot warehouse space.
You run your business while we handle the storage, packing, and shipping. Any commodity-based business needs a streamlined supply chain to succeed. We’re dedicated to offering turnkey solutions to help your business thrive.
To learn more about pick and pack services, contact Wills Transfers at 613-704-7549 or send us a message here . Talk to you soon!
Here are some common questions regarding our Pick and Pack services.
Yes, say you’re in the business of outdoor living products like patio furniture, barbeques, and outdoor kitchens we can store your bulk products and then pick and pack your clients customized orders.
We do not have predetermined quantities associated with our Pick and Pack Services.
At Wills Transfer we understand your business and clients can be unique, so we can customize our Pick and Pack Services to work with orders from two pieces or two-thousand pieces through our established processes and expert teams.
Yes, if you or your client need to omit or add to an already Pick and Packed order, we can change it up to the point of final shipment.
Yes, Wills Transfer has the capability to setup various methods of order submission. Please contact our team to learn more.