Everything You Need to Know About Raw Material Storage
Are you in the business of raw material storage? Raw materials are an essential part of production operations. Everything from steel parts for cars to pre-packaged food.
Important things you need to know about raw material storage:
- To begin with, controlled temperature is vital to raw material storage.
- Secondly, controlled humidity is crucial to raw material storage.
As a result, it’s essential to get as much information as possible before selecting warehousing services.
Need help with warehousing services to ensure your raw materials are correctly stored? Wills Transfer is here to help!
Controlled temperature is so vital to raw material storage
You may be wondering exactly what we mean when we talk about warehousing services offering controlled temperature? In short, the temperature is optimized to store, prepare, and dispatch raw materials correctly.
Without controlled temperature, products become unusable or degrade if they are not stored in the proper conditions.
In fact, keeping a consistently cool or cold temperature for raw materials is vital! Anything considered “perishable” will quickly lose its flavor and freshness if not stored at an appropriate temperature.
Additionally, prescription and over-the-counter medicines contain raw materials that must be properly stored. Not kept at an appropriate temperature, medicines may become defective. This can have serious and harmful consequences for the patients who use them.
Thus, when looking for warehousing for raw materials, be sure to ask about how they monitor and control the temperature.
Controlled humidity is so crucial to raw material storage
Humidity control regulates the degree of saturation or quantity of water vapour in the air. As a result, humidity is controlled.
With this in mind, if the humidity is too high in a place storing fresh vegetables, they can quickly spoil. However, if the humidity is too low, some food products can dry out, making them no longer edible.
Pharmaceuticals also need the same considerations. Too little moisture can dry out the raw materials and cause them to crumble or disintegrate. As well as too much moisture impacts the potency and effectiveness of raw materials. It even leads to the growth of bacteria, mould, and fungi.
So, be sure to inquire about what kind of humidity control is available when looking for warehousing services.
Why is it essential to get as much information as possible before selecting warehousing services?
When selecting warehousing services, it’s important to shop around to ensure you’re getting the best services for your raw materials. Taking the time to select the right warehousing services upfront can save you:
- Time. By making sure you select and commit to the right warehousing services, you don’t waste time looking for new warehousing services repeatedly if you run into problems.
- Money. The right warehousing services won’t necessarily be the cheapest ones. Actually, you won’t save money going with a cheap option if you end up with problems. Choosing the right warehousing services will save you money long-term.
- Headaches. You’ve got a lot to take care of, and the last thing you want to deal with is problems with the warehousing services you’ve selected. By selecting the right warehousing services, you can save yourself a great deal of hassle and stress!
Why should I select Wills Transfer if I’m looking for warehousing services?
At Wills Transfer, we’ve been in business for over 75 years! We pride ourselves on building solid relationships with everyone we work with. Our customers, our workforce, our partners, and our suppliers.
When you come to Wills Transfer for warehousing services, you’ll have access to:
- Over 850,000 square feet of warehousing space.
- Numerous kinds of storage, including:
- Refrigerated storage. We can offer you refrigerated storage that accommodates appropriate temperatures with our warehousing services. We continuously monitor the air temperature via our security system and track thermographic data.
- Raw materials storage. Raw materials are an essential part of the supply chain. You can have peace of mind knowing that we will correctly store your raw materials via our warehousing services.
- Racking and bulk storage. Do you need your products off the floor, or can’t stack them? We’ve got lots of racking options for you.
- Local delivery service, including flatbread trailer service.
At Wills Transfer, we pride ourselves on being a 3PL warehouse or a third-party logistics warehouse. We offer all the warehousing services you need—receiving, storage, and distribution—in one convenient spot!
Specializing in long-term storage, a minimum of one month. We are open to any industry for our warehousing services and provide warehousing services to a variety of clients!
Contact Us to Learn More About Warehousing Services
At Wills Transfer, we offer a wide variety of storage options to suit your needs.
To learn more about our warehousing services, call us at 613-704-7549 or contact us online.