Want to wow your dinner guests but don’t want to spend all day preparing an appetizer? Try Brandy’s Holiday Cheese Ball Recipe.
Brandy’s Holiday Cheese Ball Ingredients
- 1 pack light cream cheese
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 finely chopped green onion
- Dash of hot sauce
Note: Dash is not one of Santa’s Reindeer. That was Dasher!
- Combine ingredients in stand mixer with paddle attachment and blend until smooth.
- Roll into one large or two small balls, wrap with plastic cling wrap and refrigerate.
Recipe Hint: Freezes well.
When you know company is coming, remove Brandy’s Holiday Cheese Ball from freezer and allow to thaw in the fridge overnight. Place in the center of your prettiest holiday plate and serve with sturdy crackers.
When serving this appetizer, be sure to offer your guests some homemade eggnog with this easy recipe
Source- The Handy Foodie
Don’t like eggnog? Here is a delicious recipe for a holiday punch that will have your guests asking for more. It also pairs well with Brandy’s Holiday Cheese Ball appetizer.
A blend of soda, juices and almond extract – it may seem like a strange combination but together they taste amazing!
Ready in 5 minutes
- 6 cups cranberry juice or pomegranate cranberry juice*
- 3 cups pineapple juice**
- 1 Tbsp. almond extract
- 3 liters ginger ale
- 1 12 oz. bag fresh cranberries (optional)
- 2 fresh limes, sliced (optional)
- Pour cranberry juice, pineapple juice, and almond extract into a large drink dispenser and mix.
- Pour in ginger ale and give it one quick stir.
- Add in ice, and ginger ale.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and sliced limes.
- Serve within a few hours for best results as it will start to go flat. Recipe source: inspired by Allrecipes
*This is not 100% cranberry juice, it is 100% juice, but it has a blend of other juices in it such as grape, apple, pear. 100% cranberry juice would be much too tart here. Use something like Ocean spray.
**If you have room in your fridge preferably chill the soda and juices first or keep them in a cold (not freezing) garage, that way you don’t need to add much ice which will dilute the punch. And nobody wants to be told they have a weak punch!
Hope you enjoy all of today’s holiday recipes