4 Essential Tips to Prepare Your eCommerce Business for Christmas
If you run an eCommerce business, Christmas is likely the busiest time of the year for you. Thus, you must prepare your eCommerce business for the Christmas rush. Otherwise, you may lose out on potential clients, which also means losing out on a lot of sales!
These are the top tips we have for preparing your eCommerce business for Christmas:
- Make sure that you have all the inventory you need in stock.
- Promote sales throughout the month.
- Make sure you’re clear on shipping cutoff times.
- Partner with a commercial warehousing company that also offers order fulfillment.
At Wills Transfer, we can provide you with the commercial warehousing space you need and third-party logistics services to help you make the most of Christmas sales!
Make sure you have All the Inventory you need in Stock
The last thing you want is to get lots of orders and then be unable to fulfill them because you don’t have the inventory you need. There are several ways to make sure you’re prepared:
- Review your highest-selling items from last Christmas.
- Check to see which items have been best-sellers over this year.
- Check your current inventory levels to see what you have and what you’re missing.
- Restock your inventory as necessary based on the results of steps 1, 2, and 3.
Worried you won’t have enough space to hold all of your inventory? Don’t get stuck cramming things into your garage or a dingy storage locker.
Commercial warehousing can be a great option to ensure you have the space to store all the inventory you need.
Promote Sales throughout the Month
Nothing encourages people to spend money like the feeling that they’re actually saving money when they’re spending it!
That’s why promoting sales leading up to Christmas is so important. These are some ideas for promotional sales:
- Buy one item and get the second one at half price.
- Cross-promote! For example, encourage customers buying fuzzy socks to also buy other warm clothing like hats and mitts. Offer a discount on the items you’re cross-promoting.
- Promote Boxing Day sales as well. You don’t have to start advertising these until reasonably close to Boxing Day, as you don’t want to discourage potential customers from paying full price.
And, of course, don’t forget to make sure you rent commercial warehousing space to hold all the inventory you’re going to sell!
Make sure you’re clear on Shipping Cutoff Times
As an eCommerce business, you must communicate with your customers about when shipping cutoff times are. You must let them know the absolute last day they can order something from your site and still expect to receive it by December 24th.
You can actually use a shipping cutoff as a “nudge” to help customers move forward in the buying process. By pointing out how many days are left before the shipping cutoff date, you can encourage customers to make their purchases immediately rather than wait and decide later.
Partner with a Commercial Warehousing Company that also offers Order Fulfillment to prepare your eCommerce Business for Christmas
Finally, one of the best ways to prepare your eCommerce business for Christmas is to partner with a commercial warehousing company that also offers order fulfillment and other third-party logistics services.
Partnering with a company to take care of everything from storing inventory to putting together packages can save you a lot of time and hassle.
Instead of being responsible end-to-end for everything from keeping packing materials on hand to sorting out postage rates, you can focus on promoting sales and engaging with your customers.
How can Wills Transfer help me if I’m interested in Commercial Warehousing for my eCommerce business?
At Wills Transfer, we offer commercial warehousing services that are easily accessible to anyone in Ontario, Quebec, and the U.S. eastern seaboard.
When you come to Wills Transfer for commercial warehousing, you’ll get the following:
- A qualified staff that is well-versed in health, safety, and security policies.
- A variety of options for storage, including refrigerated and raw material storage, as well as the choice of racking or bulk storage.
- Access to local delivery service and flatbed trailer delivery.
- Access to third-party logistics services that can help you make the most of your eCommerce business.
At Wills Transfer, you aren’t just getting access to commercial warehousing space. We also offer several third-party logistics services, such as kitting, asset tagging, container de-stuffing, pick-and-pack services, and order fulfillment.
We can take care of all the work involved in getting packages out to your customers, leaving you more time to focus on how you can promote your business and make your clients happy. We’re here for all your full-service commercial warehousing needs.
Don’t lose out on Clients this Christmas!
Running an eCommerce business is a lot of work, especially at Christmas time. We’ve given you some great tips on ensuring that you’re prepared to make the most of the Christmas rush.
At Wills Transfer, we’ve got over 75 years of experience in commercial warehousing. However, we can also offer much more than that to your eCommerce business. With our third-party logistics services, we can take the load off you and handle all of your storage, packing, and shipping needs!
Don’t lose out on Christmas sales this year—make sure your eCommerce business is prepared.
Contact us to Learn More about Commercial Warehousing and how to prepare your eCommerce Business for Christmas
Whether you’re just interested in getting space to store excess inventory or you want to take advantage of our third-party logistics services, we’d love to hear from you. Give Wills Transfer a call at 613-704-7549 or contact us online.